NOTE: The zone watering schedule has been replaced by an odd/even street number watering schedule.
Effective August 19, 2011, Plano will start Stage 2 Water Restrictions.
- Find and fix leaks around the house.
- Prevent water runoff from your lawn into the street or onto hard surfaces.
- Remember that watering your lawn is prohibited from 10AM – 6PM from April 1st – October 31st
- Attend a program on water conservation, planting native plants, making a rain barrel, etc.
Stage 2 (includes all Stage 1 steps plus):
- Watering your lawn with sprinklers or irrigation systems is only allowed two times per week (some exceptions). See
Stage 2 Watering Zone MapStreet Number Watering Schedule for details.
- Planting of cool season grasses like rye is prohibited.
- The use of treated water to fill or refill residential, amenity, and any other natural or man-made ponds is prohibited.
- Wait until after the drought to establish new landscaping.